In the companies where these types of workers work, information plans must be implemented, rapid tests must be made available to workers regarding the blood alcohol level and health checks activated by the company competent doctor, who will have to visit them once there. ‘year.
Toxicological examination regulations
In addition, “if the competent doctor deems the need for a worker to undergo further health checks to verify a possible state of drug addiction, he sends the worker himself to the Drug Addiction Service of the ASL competent for the area”.
In the event that the worker does not submit to the assessment for alcohol and drug abuse, without justified reason, “the Employer is required to stop him from carrying out the tasks for which the assessment is envisaged, until the absence of drug addiction is not ascertained ”.
- In the case of suspected alcohol abuse, hematochemical tests of liver function, hematopoiesis (MCV, gamma gt, transaminases) may be performed.
- In case of suspected toxic-alcohol dependence, hair tests and / or rapid surprise tests may be requested at the time of the visit.
- In cases of workers difficult to intercept with the surprise test (such as those who leave the company to drive vehicles) the urinary test will be allowed with a maximum notice of 48 hours (guaranteed to the worker).
In the event of a positive alcohol meter greater than 0.3 g / l, it is not possible for the worker to be admitted to work until the alcohol content has dropped to 0 g / l. Positivity to drugs, on the other hand, involves abstention from the shift.
Then the worker will be subjected to checks for alcohol and drug abuse by surprise (individual monitoring) at the discretion of the competent doctor and may be sent, if there are any elements, to carry out hair tests to confirm previous hires at the Ser.T. or the Alcoholic Services) and deemed temporarily unsuitable for the task and used, where possible, for a different task.
If the examination at the Public Services is negative for drug addiction or alcohol abuse, he will be readmitted to work.
Toxicology test refusal work
It is particularly serious for the worker to refuse to undergo the drug test at work, in fact he risks arrest for up to 15 days together with a fine ranging from 103 to 309 euros, in addition of course to dismissal.
Sanctions for the employer
Particular penalties are also foreseen for the employer who does not remove the drug test positive worker from his job. In this case, there is an arrest from 2 to 4 months and a fine of over 25 thousand euros.
Where can I take the drug test for workers
Among the health surveillance activities carried out by GMS, there is the execution of drug tests for workers, as established by current legislation. Checks are carried out annually or, in the case of suspected alcohol abuse and / or drug use, at the request of the employer.
- GMS collaborates with the Synlab analysis laboratory for the examination of the samples, according to the most suitable method (urine or hair analysis).
- It is the responsibility of the competent doctor to request further investigations, should the concrete risk of dependence arise (for example in the event of a worker being positive in the drug test administered to him).
GMS carries out drug tests for workers on behalf of companies located in: Milan, Assago, Bareggio, Buccinasco, Cesano Boscone, Cornaredo, Corsico, Cusago, Gaggiano, Pero, Rho, Rozzano, Settimo Milanese and Trezzano sul Naviglio.